Sean P. Stokes
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law / DWI Defense
- Family Law / Divorce
- U.S. District Court
Sean P. Stokes received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio and his Juris Doctor from The University of Minnesota Law School where he was a member of the Moot Court Competition Team. Prior to joining the firm, he was an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in Sherburne County Minnesota. While there, a Sherburne County District Judge recommended that he apply for a position with the firm. He did so, and has found his association with the firm to be extremely rewarding both professionally and personally.
Sean has been practicing family law and criminal law since 1995 when the Minnesota Supreme Court first certified him as a student attorney. Since his admission to the Minnesota State Bar in 1997, Sean has served as attorney of record in well over 1,000 cases. His experience, work ethic and competence translate into strong results for his clients. In 2001, 2006, 2007, and 2011 Sean was recognized by MN Law & Politics as a "Rising Star" in the MN legal community. He currently serves on the Stillwater Township Planning Commission, Family Means Board of Directors and is Past President of the 19th District Bar Association.
Sean and his wife Kerri have been blessed with six beautiful, healthy and fun children. Family life has been a focus of their marriage where together they enjoy travel, physical fitness activities, sports and reading. The family moved to Stillwater in 2004 and look forward to continued involvement in community activities and organizations.
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Honors: Moot Court Competition Team
- Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota Task Force on Sexual Psychopathic and Sexually Dangerous Persons, Former Member
- Sherburne County Child Protection Team, Former Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association Mock Trial Program, Former Volunteer Judge
- Minnesota Veteran's Stand Down, Volunteer Prosecutor
- 19th District Bar Association, President
- Family Means, Board of Directors
- Stillwater Township Planning Commission
- Scholarship Committee for Trinity Lutheran Church, Board Member
- Let's Go Fishing, serving seniors in the valley, Board of Directors
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a "Rising Star" in Minnesota Law and Politics Magazine