Kevin S. Sandstrom
Areas of Practice
- Commercial / Business Litigation
- Real Estate / Construction Litigation
- Municipal Corporations & Litigation
- Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice Litigation (Plaintiff)
- Appellate Litigation
- Trademarks & Copyrights
- Education Law
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
Kevin S. Sandstrom's practice focuses on civil litigation and municipal law, particularly in matters relating to businesses disputes, complex banking lawsuits, contract lawsuits, plaintiff’s personal injury, plaintiff’s medical malpractice, employee-side worker’s compensation, real estate disputes, construction law, and employment law. Kevin enjoys helping businesses, municipalities, and individuals with their legal disputes, and assisting them to reach a resolution, whether via settlement or trial. Whether conducting jury trials, drafting and arguing complex motions for summary judgment, drafting appeals, or taking and defending depositions, Kevin zealously advocates on behalf of his clients. For civil litigation representation that is tailored to their needs, clients turn to Kevin.
In addition to his litigation practice, Kevin also works extensively in municipal law. He is the lead city attorney for several small cities in Washington County, and serves as the Assistant City Attorney in several larger cities in Washington County. Kevin often becomes involved in municipal litigation matters, but also provides general advice to his municipal clients on the non-litigation issues that municipalities face on a daily basis, such as land use, development, municipal contracting, and employment law.
Born and raised in the Twin Cities, Kevin graduated from the University of Minnesota, with a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering and magna cum laude honors. Kevin completed his juris doctor at William Mitchell College of Law, and graduated with summa cum laude honors. Kevin joined Eckberg Lammers in 2008, and prior to joining them, he was an associate attorney at a law firm in Wayzata, MN, where his practice focused on civil litigation and business law. Kevin brings his wealth of experience and knowledge to Eckberg Lammers, furthering bolstering their civil litigation and municipal practice areas.
Kevin is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association, 19th District Bar Association, and enjoys being very active and involved in his local chambers of commerce. He is an avid weight lifter and motorcyclist who loves being active and being outdoors. Kevin, his wife, and their daughter live in Woodbury.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. (Summa Cum Laude)
- Honors: Dean's List
- Law Review: William Mitchell Law Review, Staff Member & Assistant Editor
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- B.S. (Magna Cum Laude)
- Honors: Dean's List, Engineering Honor Society
- Major: Chemical Engineering
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- 19th District Bar Association, Vice President
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Member
- Greater Stillwater Area Chamber of Commerce, Director
- Woodbury Chamber of Commerce, Member
- River Valley Referrals Networking Group, Member
- Collecting Business Debts in Small Claims/Conciliation Court
- Minnesota Contracts Deskbook CLE
- Basics of Drafting Contracts
- How Much Do We Value Research & Development?, Broadening the Experimental Use Exemption to Patent Infringement in Light of Integra Lifesciences I, Ltd. v. Merck KGaA, 30 Wm. Mitchell L. Rev. 1059