Jennifer A. Nodes
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Labor Law
- Criminal Law
- Victim Law
- U.S. District Court
As the lead employment law attorney at Eckberg Lammers, I represent and counsel private and public sector employers on all employment-related matters, including drafting pertinent employment documents, counseling on proper employment practices, and litigating contested employment issues in state and federal courts, as well as before administrative agencies.
Particularly, I offer advice and counsel to small and mid-size companies on complex human resource issues, including the interplay between FMLA, ADA, and Workers' Compensation; managing employee disciplinary processes (including internal investigations following complaint), terminations, layoffs, and negotiated separations from employment; defending charges or complaints of employment discrimination; and litigating employment related complaints and charges through all phases of litigation.
In additional to traditional employment law matters, I represent private and public sector employers in labor law matters, including labor relations, collective bargaining, and grievance proceedings.
As a supplement to providing direct legal services to employers, I provide monthly seminars to business owners and human resource professionals on employment-related issues of concern, including FMLA compliance, social media policies and practices, proper termination procedures, developing and maintaining critical employment policies and procedures, documenting to avoid litigation, avoiding unemployment claims, and case law/statutory updates affecting current employment practices.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota
- North Dakota State University, Fargo, North Dakota
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Chair, Washington County Chapter
- 19th District Bar Association, President
- 19th District Ethics Committee
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- St. Croix Valley Employer's Association
- White Bear Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Stillwater Chamber of Commerce
- Labor and Employment Relations Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Member for Minnesota Alliance on Crime
- Employment Law Lunch and Learn Series - 2012 Schedule
- Social Media Revolution
- Employee Handbooks
- Separation Agreements